Saturday, June 12, 2010

NEW illustrator group blog

I'm so pleased to announce that I'm part of a new illustrator blog group, called We Love to illustrate for Children! (the url is http://www.welovetoillustrate.com/) It's a group of six members and we all "met" online through Illustration Friday. We all love illustration and illustrating for children is our passion.

We just made our 1st post and in it we tell our readers a little bit about ourselves and share a photo. We had the option of a photo of ourselves as a kid or an adult, or we could do an illustration of ourselves, or we could do a combination of the two. I chose a photo of myself on my 2nd birthday and I added a bit of illustration elements to it. I ended up being the only one who used a kid photo, but that's OK. I really stand out anyway! (hee hee)

So, come and visit. There's some very talented ladies here, so it will be worth the trip. I feel honored to be in their company. We'll be posting lots of fun illos and projects, so stop by often.

7 comments:

Shirley said...

Yay for the group, Nina! Looking forward to lots of good feedback and fun projects. Very cute photo and fun illustrations! (the cat's eyes make it sing!).

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I'm doing the happy dance. I'm doing the happy dance. How beautiful and wonderful and special and sweet. I have already gone over and left two messages. This is grand and I am SOOOOOOO excited about what we are all going to see. YOUR banner is about the cutest thing ever. I really love the wonderful format of the interviews with all you wonderful illustrators. This is so fresh and brilliant because people get to know a little bit about you. I love your baby picture! I just squealed with delight when I saw it. I am proud of you Nina. You are doing what you want to do and this is key! You have surrounded yourself with awesome illustrators and I know that you all are going to keep each others encouraged and moving towards your goals. It's great that Shirley is a part of the group as well. Y'all have all the right ingredients for something magically delicious! Have fun!

Julissa Mora said...

I second that Shirley! Yay, for our group :) I'm so thrilled we are finally live! Can't wait for all the fun projects we have lined up ;)

Nina, I think your kid photo is the cutest and it definitely stands out :)

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You definitely have the BEST profile pic! ;)

anil ks said...

..congrats..waiting for great ideas and fun illos..i'll be following..

Cheryl Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl Lynn said...

Congratulations to you, very talented Lady! That is a wonderful blog group and your work is very deserving. I just love it. I'm excited for everyone involved and with you all great success wish this endeavor.

FA-BU-LOUS!

Please forgive me for having to remove the first comment.