Monday, November 30, 2009

IF - entangled



For Illustration Friday this week - When I saw the word was entangled, I immediately thought of a spread in the picture book I recently illustrated, Theodore the Tree. It's the last double page spread in the book and Timothy is having some trouble with a tangled up extension cord.

I had some time over the long weekend to do something new, so I decided to take Timothy and Anna out of the spread and make a holiday card with them and some other elements. (Since I seem to be obsessed with card designing right now and can't stop myself!)

So, it's a two for one Illustration Friday this week.

11 comments:

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, Nina! PERFECT! Timothy and Anna make a great Christmas card. I really love your lettering on it, too. Awesome!

Thanks for your visit. I'm off to read your interview now. :D

Sandra said...

This is perfect, it fits in with the theme and the season. Lovely work!

Nina Crittenden said...

So cute and perfect! That was totally us this weekend putting up our Christmas lights! lol!

aizen marina said...

Beauuuuuuuuuuuuutiful!
Congrats for your sweet illo and idea!
I love the 50's sorrounding in the stars and little children's faces!
Loveable!
;)

mari.

MrBibleHead said...

Christmas lights immediately came to mind for me too. Nice illustration. Love the panoramic view also

Alissa Staples said...

What a great idea. The illustration is gorgeous!

Shirley said...

What a great post! Wonderful illustrations, Nina. And your new blog header is fabulous..perfect for the season and I noticed it right away! : )

Julissa Mora said...

They look great in their new surrounding. Love the lettering too! :)

CintiaYamane said...

I loved your drawing, that's realy nice! =)

Ann Marie DiVecchia said...

Nina, congratulations on your book!!! What a beautiful spread AND card!! Great stuff!!!

justdoodleit said...

Very very sweet stuff. The card is a nice adaptation of the last spread!