Sunday, September 20, 2009

promo cards



It's promo cards time again! It seems like I just did this, but it's been a year since my last mailing! Now I remember why I don't do this very often. It's time consuming! But, of course, it needs to be done, to get my name out there and hopefully get another book to illustrate.
I was so proud of myself in the fact that I was able to make my envelopes more fun by printing a line drawing of Theodore the Tree on the front. I'm fully aware of how many envelopes and post cards hit the desks of art directors and I wanted to do something to stand out and make them want to open the envelope. I hope it works. I know if I received a lime green envelope and it had a Christmas tree with a face on it, I'd want to open it. But hey, that's just the way I am!

4 comments:

Jill Grace said...

I would totally open it too Nina! :) Too fun! Good luck!

Eric Barclay said...

These look great! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

OMG I want one so badly! Pretty please, if you have any left over after your mailing, could you send me one? I'd treasure it forever!

Nina Crittenden said...

I'd love one, too! They look FAB, Nina! I need to print up labels and send mine out, too! I'll send you mine if you send me yours... :)