Sunday, April 05, 2009

more bookcovers


More yummy book covers from my "research".

I was talking to the other ladies on the "team" of the book I'm illustrating the other day and we decided that doing a book is a lot like birthing a child. There's a long planning process that's filled with emotions, ranging from exhilaration to pure terror. There are bumps along the way as you prepare, hurdles to overcome and you hope everything is going to be OK. There are also moments of clarity and extreme delight. You just know it's going to be perfect! It's challenging and rewarding, just like having a kid. At least when the book is "born", it won't keep me up at night or spit up on my shoulder!

1 comments:

Nina Crittenden said...

Glad you are having fun with your "baby"! My 4-year-old laughed when she saw the art at the top of your blog- very cute!