Thursday, January 31, 2008

sprung



I just sold 2 pieces of artwork to the Cancer Care Alliance treatment center, through the Seattle Art Museum Gallery. I was thrilled to be able to have my work owned by a business that is in the business of healing people. Both pieces are hanging in the Womens Center at the clinic. I have a possibilty of doing some more work for them (8 pieces!) and am just waiting to hear if the project is a go or not. They almost purchased this piece, Sprung, as well, but ultimately decided it wasn't quite the right fit for the space. I wanted to post it here, because I had forgotten all about it! It has been at the Gallery for a while and it had totally been erased from my not-so-good memory. I know my fine art work is so different from my illustration work, which is different from my card designs, which is different from my stamp designs. What can I say...I guess I'm a Jack of All Trades, master of none.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

WOOOWWWIEEE!! Congratulations! You. are. pure. talent! I have some friends that work as researchers for SCCA, what an honor for your work to be an inspiration to those needing it most. Kudos to you.

Hmmm... I think I might need some new artwork for my home..... know where I can find some?

Miss J said...

Congrats Nina! thanks for your recent comments on my blog. I love your work. My mom goes to Seattle Cancer Care and loves it (shes a 15 year Breast Cancer survivor). I love that they have art there. Great news for you.

life without novacaine said...

Jack of all Trades and master of ALL! I LOVE this painting and what a great place for it to live and inspire!