Tuesday, October 09, 2007

IF - open


It's Illustration Friday time again! This week we illustrated the word "open". I did an open container of take-out food and an open fortune cookie with the fortune "open your mind", coming out of it. Three "opens" in one illo!
This week they are doing something fun over at IF. After all the illustrations have been entered, 25 lucky winners will have their art shown in a bookstore called Open, located in Long Beach, CA. How are the winners chosen?, you ask. By the people who vote for their favorites, of course! So, if you like mine, vote for me! right here. Just click on the star by my name. (You have to be registered for the IF forum to vote) The voting is open until Oct.19 and you can vote for 5 of your favorites.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love this Nina! Bravo on the three "opens" ~ a wonderful concept with an especially wonderful message.

Flora Chang said...

I love the textures and bold colors! Beautiful! :)

Leeza Hernandez Illustrator said...

I really like your use of color and texture in this piece. Great composition — must be the designer in you!

Kathleen Rietz said...

Awesome background and textures and colors. This is a beautiful illustration, and I like all of the examples of "open".

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

A really wonderful piece! Very rich. Excellent.

lil kim said...

i really love this - great colours and composition and i love the patterns.

ps. I wish I had your homeowner woes - househunting has a lot of woes too!

D.J. said...

Pretty cool. I love the reds! Really nice!

princesstomato said...

this is a great interpretation of OPEN, and a nice piece!

teri