Monday, April 09, 2007

Illustration Friday - theme word - green

Here's my entry for this week's Illustration Friday with the theme word 'green'. I did this one totally by hand, no Photoshop! I kinda wish I would have, so I could have played around with the sizing and positioning of the elements more. I'm not 100% happy with this one, but I love the girl! I'll call her Bernice and the boy with the the new green hat that she wants is Milton. There's a debate going on around here on whether or not I should have included the word ENVY on her shirt. My daughter suggested it and I thought it would be a good idea, but my husband said it's too literal and I should have left it up to the viewer to figure it out. Let me know what you think! I'd love some feedback on this one.

2 comments:

kelly barton art + design said...

hey nina...thanks for stopping by my blog. i have checked out all your stuff.i love your cards and artwork. looks like we have more than indiana in common. what part are you from. i am really close to indy. come by again!

Jules said...

I don't mind the word on the shirt but it makes it seem like she's envious of Milton when of course she wants him! Nice coomposition - especially without any "undos"!