Tuesday, January 16, 2007

a new toy!



I've been having soooo much fun with a new toy I got for Christmas. It's a Wacom Graphire pen tablet. It's so cool! All I did was install the software, plug it in to the computer and PRESTO!, I can draw right on to my screen. At 1st, I tried to do it freehand and just started trying to draw something, but it was really shaky looking, so I figured out that I needed to make a sketch, scan it, then increase the size, so I could draw just sections at a time. That's what I did with the swirly pattern in the "Nikki's Red Shoes" layout. So much fun! I can't wait to figure out more cool things to do with it and to get better at the technique. Anybody out there that has one of these and has any helpful tips, let me know! Until then, I'll be playing with it and sharing any insight I get from trial and err.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are having fun with your Wacom tablet! We *must* make that swirly thingy into a stamp!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Linda...what a great stamp!!!!